Happy Monday Everyone! Let’s kick of this week with a great giveaway. Today’s giveaway is for a Colorescience Sunforgettable Mineral Powder Sun Protection SPF 30, your choice of color. You will hear us talk about reapplying sunscreen to get the best sun protection but as women it is tough to reapply sunscreen later in the day after you have make-up on. A great option for reapplication is the Colorescience Powder Sun Protection. You can put it on right over your make-up any time of the day.
Description from Colorescience website: Sunforgettable SPF 50 is a lightweight mineral powder with a barely there feel that provides a safe, non-irritating, instant UVA and UVB sun protection. The self-dispensing powder brush makes this sheer formula easy to apply and reapply throughout the day. This giveaway is a $50 value.
To enter giveaway just leave a comment telling us you are going to do this summer to stay sun safe.
Giveaway ends Thursday, June 23rd at midnight PST. Winner is chosen randomly and will be announced Friday, June 24st. Good Luck!
Have you heard about our latest lunchtime procedure? Patients are loving our Buff and Shine rejuvenation procedure. You don’t need to spend a fortune to have beautiful glowing skin. I have developed a simple 2-step facial skin rejuvenation treatment that can be done in minutes, with no downtime. It combines exfoliative technique of micro-blading and the new technology of the MiXto Fractional CO2 Laser to reveal smoother, healthier and more youthful skin.
I begin by performing ‘micro-blading’, in which I use a blade to exfoliate the skin and to remove the tiny ‘vellus’ hairs which are present on everyone’s face. As the blade is drawn across the skin, the tiny hairs, or “peach fuzz” collect together like a fine cotton ball. Many patients are often surprised to see how many of these tiny hairs are present on the face.
Removing the vellus hair prepares the face for step 2 of the Lunchtime Buff & Shine; a light treatment with the MiXto micro-fractional CO2 laser at a very low setting, which has little discomfort and little or no downtime. This will greatly improve the texture and tone of the skin and will also trigger collagen formation over time.
I recommend a series of about 5 treatments for most people, with each session taking about 15 minutes and spaced a few weeks apart. It’s a great way to do beauty maintenance for your face. My goal is to restore and rejuvenate the face while retaining the person’s natural look, all with minimal or no downtime. Check out the video below to see a Buff and Shine in action.
We’ve all been there; the day before a big event and you wake up with a huge pimple on your face in the worse place possible. You do all of the emergency pimple tips you read about in Cosmo: gently squeezing it, warm compresses, cold compresses, toothpaste, tea tree oil, lemon juice, even preparation H. Then what are you left with? A maybe slightly smaller pimple that red and scabby and doesn’t cover well with concealer. Uggh! There has to be something better out there right? A treatment that can be much more effective for that emergency pimple is a cortisone injection. A cortisone injection can quickly reduce inflammation and hasten healing usually within a few hours.
What are the side effects? Rarely, the injection can leave a small depression around the area where the cortisone was injected. This is usually temporary and will resolve over the next few months. Because of this we recommend that you reserve this type of injections for larger cystic acne.
Are you thinking, “Yes, I need one of these ASAP!” Well, you need to call your dermatologist or medical provider and make an appointment for the injection. Unfortunately this is not an at-home treatment. If you have a big event coming up let the receptionist know that. Cortisone injections are quickly preformed and squeezing a patient in is usually no problem.
Congratulations to Meri who is the winner of our first giveaway! We will be contacting you soon.
Can you believe it’s almost summer time already? What better way to kick off the summer season than with a surprise skin care giveaway! This package includes:
- MediShave Skin Clarifying Shaving Cream
- RosaCleanse Foamy Anti-Redness Foaming Cleanser
- Saturday Night Brightening Exfoliator Pads
HOW TO ENTER:
Post a comment here telling us your favorite skin care tip.
Giveaway ends Tuesday, May 31st at midnight PST. Winner is chosen randomly and will be announced Wednesday, June 1st. Good Luck!
Who doesn’t love the first warmth of the summer sun after that cold winter chill? While our winters in Southern California usually only run in the 60°s we love our warm summer weather too. With Memorial Day coming up this weekend many people will be spending time outside. Being sun smart doesn’t mean that you have to lock yourself indoors. Check out these tips for how to protect yourself while still enjoying your summer:
- SUNSCREEN! SUNSCREEN! SUNSCREEN!– did you need me to say that again? Regular use of a good sunscreen is key to preventing skin cancers and sun damage. SPF (sun protection factor) which is what we all look for in sunscreens, only refers to our protection against UVB rays, but we now know what UVA rays are just as dangerous to our skin. We recommend a sunscreen with broad spectrum coverage (i.e., blocks both UVA & UVB rays). UVA rays penetrate deeper into the skin and cause wrinkling and skin cancers. Look for ingredients such as zinc oxide or titanium dioxide to be assured that you are properly protected.
- PHYSICAL PROTECTION- UV rays are at their strongest between 10am-4pm. If possible try avoiding direct sunlight during these hours. Enjoy the warm summer days while sitting under an umbrella or cabana while sipping your beverage of choice. Unable to seek shade during the day? Choose a fabulous wide-brimmed hat, a pair of large sunglasses and a light weight cover-up for extra sun protection.
- FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT- Sunless tanning has come a long way. No need to worry about looking like Snooki when you step out of the spray booth. Mystic Tan, a popular spray tan machine, offers a very light formulation perfect for spray tan novices. Also, tanning lotions are great because they allow for a gradual natural looking glow.