BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment can greatly improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines in the upper face. It’s an FDA-approved protein neurotoxin formula derived from botulinum toxin type A. This prescription medicine is injected directly into the facial muscles where the wrinkles appear,effectively blocking the nerve impulses to temporarily impair the muscle activity. Since muscle contractions cause these facial lines, the reduced muscle activity results in smoother skin. Candidates include individuals between ages 18 and 65 who are interested in BOTOX® Cosmetic’s ability to reduce facial lines so that they appear more youthful and rejuvenated.
Benefits of BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Millions of women and men alike use BOTOX® Cosmetic and experience noticeable results.
- Over 90 percent of BOTOX® Cosmetic patients report complete satisfaction with the treatment.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic can treat moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet, and horizontal forehead lines.
- This non-surgical treatment takes only ten minutes to perform and requires no downtime or recovery.
- Results may last up to four months.
A Similar Medicine for Similar Treatment: Dysport®
Like BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport® is derived from botulinum toxin type A and is a prescription medicine that is injected into the facial muscles. At Skin Physicians & Surgeons, we use Dysport® to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Dysport® injections reduce the presence of acetylcholine in the muscles, blocking muscle movement and thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkles caused by muscle movement. Results last for at least three months.
Benefits of Dysport®
- Dysport® effectively treats moderate to severe frown lines between the brows.
- The majority of patients are highly satisfied with their treatment and results.
- Results can last three to four months and sometimes longer.
With both BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®, results may last several months, after which patients may desire additional treatments. Many patients schedule regular treatment sessions for BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport®.
Your unique needs are very important to us here at Skin Physicians & Surgeons, and we focus on providing each patient with caring attention and customized results. To learn more about the treatments we provide, call 909-981-8929 or fill out our contact us online to schedule your private consultation.